Choose your working location: Berlin or Warsaw
Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, the expondo Group is a renowned producer and online retailer for brand products across various business and industry sectors. Since our founding in 2007, expondo has offered a range of over 3000 tools and devices to professionals in 28 countries, specialising in the sale of quality niche products at fair prices.
Despite the current situation regarding COVID-19, we are still interviewing people for all open positions. We just don't do on-site interviews at the moment and have decided to make all job interviews as video interviews.
Head of Product (m/f/d)
YOUR RESPONSIBILITYThe Head of Product will play a critical role in ensuring that the company focuses on high-impact initiatives that are measurable, drive innovation for our customers while optimizing profitability for expondo. The individual will lead a team of Product Managers/Owners, Designers and Analysts that are each specialist in their areas. For now, the main domains are:
- Consumer (Shopping) Experience
- Catalogue and Product Data Management
- Operations and Customer Service Technology
On top you will be accountable to launch our new digital product “Experts World”, which we want to spin up on a greenfield. You will define and execute on the vision that transforms the experience from a transactional shopping to a platform that the user engages with daily, both online and offline. The scope of impact is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing a shared vision for all domains and driving this vision to reality.
- Manage the product roadmap to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Align senior stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial, Product Development, Content, Logistics, Customer Service, Finance and Talent on quarterly roadmaps and ensure focused execution
- Align the product, design, and engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Drive innovation to amplify the personalization of the product experience for all customers
- Develop and retain a world class product and design team
- Work closely with the overall technology organization and communicate effectively with leadership throughout the company
- Be an assertive voice and active participant in strategic discussions about company strategy and roadmap
- Drive a customer-focused, agile and entrepreneurial culture of rapid testing, resulting in on-going learning, go/no-go decision making, and progressive financial success
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Extensive experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, ideally in a consulting, retail, ecommerce or highly complex B2B markets
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of digital product - from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- A recognized track record of building teams; previous experience to develop and foster multi-level team attitudes that guide effective performance
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Communication and interpersonal agility; being approachable and builds diverse relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line team
- High ability to deal with ambiguity, to effectively prioritize, to multitask, and to work with tight deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience in identifying root causes of problems and necessary actions to eliminate them
- Experience working across geographies and cross-culturally
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passion about building functional and engaging user experiences
- A bold and optimistic personality
- Brings the self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems
- Applies a diverse set of leadership styles for the appropriate situation.
- Willing to work as is needed to build a world-class organization and company while serving the customers.
- Stays laser focused under competing priorities and can 80/20 with a close attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
- FUTURE. We give you a long-term perspective in a modern, dynamically developing, global company.
- DEVELOPMENT. We take the time for an intensive training and afterwards you can actively shape our success strategy with your expert knowledge.
- EDUCATION. You can freely use our internal language courses for German and English and, in addition, we offer you opportunities for professional and personal development through regular training courses.
- WORKING TIMES. With us you have flexible working hours and work-free weekends.
- CONDITIONS. You can expect 28 days of vacation, a fair salary and a performance-related bonus system.
- FLAIR. Bright office space with high technology standards in the heart of Mitte.
- FUN. You will be a part of a colourful mixed team in which diversity, humour and mutual support are very important. You can also look forward to legendary team events.
- HEALTH. You can look forward to excellent conditions for a quite good work-life balance. You can keep fit in our fitness room and we also offer you a sponsored sports health programme. Fresh fruit and vegetables as well as free drinks are also available.
What does our Digitial Product Management do?
It is the team that powers expondo’s core business. We use business acumen, data-driven strategic thinking, intellectual curiosity, and creative solutions to help set product vision and create measurable impact for the business. We are empowered to drive the end-to-end digital product management lifecycle for technically complex strategies. From ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, learning and iteration, we aim to deliver continuous value to our customers, partners, and expondo.
We look forward to receiving your application!
When applying, please be sure to include your complete application documents, your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Personal and functional designations are valid for all genders (male/female/diverse)
All open positions at expondo: https://corporate.expondo.de/karriere/
Jetzt online bewerben
Cassy Elsner | Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Köpenicker Straße 54 | 10179 Berlin