Direct report to: General Manager
Head of Category Management & Pricing
YOUR MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIESAs our Head of Category Management & Pricing you taking the ownership for the profitable product range and pricing of our products. It covers the areas of product range selection, pricing development and promotional campaigns as well as the operative procurement and provision of products . In that role you increases the strategic impact within the company by establishing and ensuring fast executing high volume processes for existing and new products offered by expondo.
- Lead a powerful professional and disciplinary team of assortment specialists and pricing analysts (tbd as not yet opened)
- Further development of recently introduced new rules based pricing system
- Responsible for the entire process from article selection to sell off of remaining stock.
- Using OKR’s to drive the compenies’ success
- Daily particularly concerned with the components assortment mix, pricing and promotions
- Responsible for strategic assortment management
- Selection of relevant brands and articles, competitive procurement, optimized stock levels and consistent delisting
- Identify optimization potentials in processes and development needs of your employees and implement them effectively
- Communicate with our marketing experts, operational purchasing and other stakeholders
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Very good knowledge of the eCommerce business and international market environment
- Several years of professional experience in the functions of category management, supply chain management, purchasing or pricing
- BSc/BA in business administration or another relevant field
- Strong business acumen with the smooth transition between an analysis and synthesis and draw business conclusions
- The ability to formulate strategies and business models and to analyze situations from a global perspective
- You identify and prioritize potential objectives and translate broad corporate strategy into clear specific objectives
- You have an action-focused approach and you sharing knowledgeAbility to work under time pressure, efficiently respond to changes in the environment, deal with many tasks and costs.
- Very high interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly and to get own ideas across and ask open-ended questions, with a high level of assertiveness.
- You are able to motivate and empower your team to achieve goals.
- High personal culture and understanding of cultural differences
- Fluent written and oral in English is a requirement (minimum C1 level), proficiency in German and/or Polish would be a plus but is not needed
WHAT WE OFFER
- FUTURE. We give you a long-term perspective in a modern, dynamically developing, global company.
- DEVELOPMENT. We take the time for an intensive training and afterwards you can actively shape our success strategy with your expert knowledge.
- EDUCATION. You can freely use our internal language courses for German and English and, in addition, we offer you opportunities for professional and personal development through regular training courses.
- WORKING TIMES. With us you have flexible working hours and work-free weekends.
- FLAIR. Bright office space with high technology standards in the city center.
- FUN. You will be a part of a colourful mixed team in which diversity, humour and mutual support are very important. You can also look forward to legendary team events.
- HEALTH. You can look forward to excellent conditions for a quite good work-life balance. We are offering you a sponsored sports health programme. Fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as free drinks, are also available.
Why you should join us?
- We take advantage of online possibilities and invest in innovative technologies, to eliminate all unnecessary costs, guaranteeing the best value for money.
- We provide a state of the art customer service.
- In owners’ hands (Piotr Stach & Waldemar Moss) who are members of Executive Committee
- +50% growth rate YoY
- Offices and Competence Centers in Berlin, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Warsaw & Zielona Góra with a highly professional, international team of 300 people from 19 different nationalities.
- 100MEUR turnover with a profitability of min. 7% / FULL EU until 2021
- Strong company culture & values / team development and employee review programs
We look forward to receiving your application!
When applying, please be sure to include your complete application documents, your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Personal and functional designations are valid for all genders (male/female/diverse)
All open positions at expondo: https://corporate.expondo.com/career/
apply online now
Your contact person:
Cassy Elsner | Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Köpenicker Straße 54 | 10179 Berlin