Direct report to: CCO
Head of Category Management & Pricing
POSITION SUMMARYExpondo is seeking a Head of Category Management and pricing taking ownership for the profitable product range and pricing of our products. It covers the areas of product range selection, pricing development and promotional campaigns as well as the operative procurement and provision of products and the creation of product master data. The Head of Category Management and pricing increases the strategic impact within the company by
establishing and ensuring fast executing high volume processes for existing and new products offered by expondo.
- Lead a powerful professional and disciplinary team of assortment specialists and pricing analysts (tbd as not yet opened)
- Responsible for the entire process from article selection to sell off of remaining stock.
- Daily particularly concerned with the components assortment mix, pricing and promotions.
- Responsible for strategic assortment management
- Selection of relevant brands and articles, competitive procurement, optimized stock levels and consistent delisting
- Identify optimization potentials in processes and development needs of your employees and implement them effectively
- Communicate with our marketing experts, operational purchasing and other stakeholders
Leading B2B marketplace for professionals in Europe Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, the expondo Group is a renowned producer and online retailer for brand products across various business and industry sectors. Since our founding in 2007, expondo has offered a range of over 3 000 tools and devices to professionals in 28 countries, specializing in the sale of quality niche products at fair prices. In our broad product range, you will find selected catering supplies, welding devices, power and gardening tools and scales, amongst many more. Our focus is on being the leading online retailer of professional equipment at affordable prices, while at the same time delivering an excellent customer care. We understand that our customers´ businesses benefit themost when provided with a full range of reliable equipment, accessible service and trusted advisors.
That is why:
- We take advantage of online possibilities and invest in innovative technologies, to eliminate all unnecessary costs, guaranteeing the best value for money.
- We maintain an online community where trusted experts, professionals and hobbyists can share their knowledge with our customers.
- We provide a state of the art customer service.
- 45M€ consolidated group turnover with a positive ebit
- In owners’ hands (Piotr Stach & Waldemar Moss) who are members of Executive Committee
- +50% growth rate YoY
- Offices and Competence Centers in Berlin, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Warsaw & Zielona Góra with a highly professional, international team of 300 people from 19 different nationalities.
- Sales leadership on European market in categorizes as i.e. crane scales, popcorn makers,professional welding equipment
- Developing annually over 1000 SKU’s
- Frequent acknowledged by i.e. Forbes, Kununu or glassdoor as leading B2B company and best employer in the market
- Best in class eCommerce factory for product implementation as valued sales partners, offers best in class service for professional customers.
- Becoming the leading B2B portal for professionals in Europe
- 100MEUR turnover with a profitability of min. 7% / FULL EU until 2021
- Professional state of the art Logistics Center and distribution system
- Creating the expondo worlds - CRM based ecosystem of different category shops for different target groups with the expondo promise.
- New Online Sales Channels with Expert Forums completely new technological interface for professional customers.
- Strong company culture & values / team development and employee review programs
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Very good knowledge of the eCommerce business and international market environment
- Several years of professional experience in the functions of category management, supply management, purchasing or pricing
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field, experienced sales, pricing, project
- Strong business acumen with the smooth transition from an analysis to synthesis and vice versa.
- You can formulate strategies and business models and ability to analyze situations from many angles (a global perspective)
- You can collect and analyze financial data and draw business conclusions on their basis
- Efficiency in taking decisions in real time and effective delivery of parallel project tasks
- You can identifies and prioritize potential objectives and oversee their implementation
- You translate broad corporate strategy into clear specific objectives
- You have a pragmatic and action-focused approach
- You sharing knowledge and caring about its distribution
- You have a sense of empowerment and responsibility for results
- Ability to work under time pressure, deal with many tasks and costs.
- Ability to adapt and efficiently respond to changes in the environment and in business
- Very high interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly and to get own ideas across and ask open-ended questions, with a high level of assertiveness.
- You can clearly communicate the vision and strategy using the language of benefits.
- You can motivate and empower teams to achieve goals.
- High level of emotional intelligence
- High personal culture and understanding of cultural differences
- Fluent written and oral in English is a requirement (C1 level), proficiency in German and/or Polish would be a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- FUTURE. We give you a long-term perspective in a modern, dynamically developing, global company.
- DEVELOPMENT. We take the time for an intensive training and afterwards you can actively shape our success strategy with your expert knowledge.
- EDUCATION. You can freely use our internal language courses for German and English and, in addition, we offer you opportunities for professional and personal development through regular training courses.
- WORKING TIMES. With us you have flexible working hours and work-free weekends.
- FLAIR. Bright office space with high technology standards in the city center.
- FUN. You will be a part of a colourful mixed team in which diversity, humour and mutual support are very important. You can also look forward to legendary team events.
- HEALTH. You can look forward to excellent conditions for a quite good work-life balance. We are offering you a sponsored sports health programme. Fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as free drinks, are also available.
We look forward to receiving your application!
When applying, please be sure to include your complete application documents, your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Personal and functional designations are valid for all genders (male/female/diverse)
All open positions at expondo: https://corporate.expondo.pl/kariera/
Jetzt online bewerben
Cassy Elsner | Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Köpenicker Straße 54 | 10179 Berlin